How to Dry Your Hair Faster Without a Blow Dryer

how-to-dry-hair-fasterGetty Images Ever needed to choose the mind of a magnificence editor? Or get magnificence product suggestions from somebody who has tried all of them? You’ve come to the fitting place. In our new weekly sequence, Ask a Beauty Editor, magnificence editor Hana Hong solutions your greatest skincare, haircare, and make-up questions, all submitted by Real Simple readers. Tune in each Tuesday and submit your individual burning magnificence questions right here for a probability to be featured.Reader query: Hair dryers are terrible. Is there a higher manner to dry my hair for work? – @terikarobonikBased in your query, I’m going to assume that you just bathe within the morning. So am I—and though I like my A.M. soaks, soaking wet hair is rarely enjoyable when you’ve got someplace to be. Drying your hair is a prolonged course of, and for these of us with thick, curly, or lengthy hair (raises hand), it requires deliberately scheduling it into your day.Now in fact, you need to use a hair dryer to expedite this course of, however 1) I need to keep away from warmth injury and a pair of) I’m too lazy. In different phrases, you’ve got come to the fitting place as a result of I’ve mastered the artwork of air-drying over the course of a few years. (TBH, I have never used a hair dryer since highschool.)If you need a brief and candy reply, carrying towel turbans whereas preparing is the traditional choice to take into account. The moisture-wicking fibers will assist take up extra water in contrast to strictly air-drying.However, the longer reply (and my most popular route if I need a higher end) warrants a few further steps. But don’t fret—they are not tough or in depth. If I need my air-dried hair to appear to be a skilled blowout, there are extra merchandise concerned, but when my purpose is simply to dry my hair pronto, these are the minimalist steps I take. Feel free to copy my routine so you possibly can sleep in longer and get out the door sooner.Blot your hair utilizing a microfiber towel.Effectively drying your hair begins with the towel you employ. Microfiber towels are my towel of selection—they’re recognized for his or her moisture-wicking properties, that means they will absorb extra water than different towels can with out you having to wring the life out of your strands. Another plus: It will permit you to keep away from pointless cut up ends and breakage from harsh friction. Why spend all that effort coddling your hair within the bathe in case you’re simply gonna tough it up with a shaggy towel?Story continuesMy fave: Act+Acre Intelligent Hair Towel ($20;, which options a super-soft waffle texture that soaks up water like a dream.Use a wide-tooth comb after washing your hair.While your hair remains to be fully moist, run a wide-tooth comb by means of your hair. Why a comb? The particular person tooth will separate your hair and promote higher airflow, which can in flip speed up dry time.Air-dry and rough-dry your hair till it’s 30% dry.This is the half that can require a while, nevertheless it should not take too lengthy thanks to the steps you simply accomplished. In the meantime, you possibly can go about your morning routine, and by the point you dress and full your skincare routine, you need to be prepared to proceed.While air-drying, concurrently rough-dry your hair. You could or could not have heard of the time period, however you most likely have seen your hairstylist do it earlier than. It merely means tousling your hair with solely your fingers (often tossing from one aspect to one other), specializing in the roots to create extra quantity. Continue this course of till your hair is 30% dry (extra on that within the subsequent step).Apply a quick-dry lotion.Styling hair that’s 30% dry is far more efficient than tackling it when fully moist or fully dry. When your hair is semi-dry, you possibly can assist speed up the remaining 70% with a quick-dry lotion or serum. Look for merchandise with the phrases “quick-dry” or “air-dry,” that are formulated in a different way from merchandise labelled “blow-dry”. While blow-dry lotions comprise polymers which might be activated by warmth and distribute warmth alongside the hair shaft, air-dry formulation are usually made with starches that soak moisture from the hair, together with smoothing components that provide help to obtain a sleeker, frizz-free end.My private advice is Kristin Ess Weightless Shine Air Dry Creme ($10;, which options a proprietary strengthening complicated designed to easy the looks of cut up ends and broken cuticles. Another fave: IGK No More Blow High Speed Air Dry Spray ($29;, which I can affirm shaves roughly 50% from my air-dry time.


Recommended For You

About the Author: Jessica